Swisher County Photos

Welcome to gallery of the Swisher County, Texas USGenWeb Project!

Home / People / Bagley /

J C Bagley Ranch

bagley.jpg Thumbnails Thumbnails Thumbnails

J. C. and Nancy Bagley came to Swisher County in 1889 from Falls County, and filed on land 12 miles west of Kress. They had seven children: Mollie (married J. B. Gayler); James E. (married Vina Henderson); Amanda, who died at an early age; George (married Mae Wilkins); Al Bright (married Pearl Matlock); William Thomas (married Helen Herndon); and Lottie (married Robert McDaniel). At one time there was a Bagley School about 2 miles east of the Center Plains School. J. C. moved into Kress and built a general merchandise store called J. C. Bagley General Store. He donated the land for a new Baptist Church. Many members of the Bagley family are buried in Rose Hill Cemetery

Share This: Facebook Pinterest Twitter Google+ Tumblr
Author
Swisher County Museum
Dimensions
538*248
File
bagley.jpg
Filesize
24 KB
Albums
Visits
2912
Rating score
no rate

0 comments