Sargent Blaine BARNES owned the stables located between Silverton and Tulia. This was the site of the Post Office and General Store, and was used for changing horses. He moved to Tulia, where he served as county commissioner, nightwatchman, and deputy to three sheriffs. He married Ida CLAYTON.
John Potter moved to Tulia about 1903, then to a farm near Clarendon where his brother Jeff POTTER lived. Jeff later moved back to Tulia and served as Postmaster. John POTTER married Matilda CLAYTON.