T. W. TOMLINSON Home (Summer of 1900)
Judge Thomas Wiley Tomlinson came to Texas from Tennessee in 1890 and filed on two sections of land 10 miles north of Tulia. He became Vice-President of The First National Bank of Tulia in 1902. In 1910 he became President and held that office until his death. He was County Judge from 1898-1904, and was principal of Tulia Schools in about 1895. He was in the insurance business, church clerk for over 30 years for the Baptist Church, and a Mason. He married Lula Browne in New Mexico, and they were the parents of Anna Garnett, Guy Hugh, Marie Louise, and Edna Brown. In 1895, the family moved to Tulia, where Judge Tomlinson was instrumental in bringing the railroad to Tulia.